With my surgery looming, Elliot’s been keen to get our master bedroom ‘finished’ (and as close to a relaxing sanctuary as possible!).
Due to floor plan limitations, we didn’t have many options for making the room bigger, but we knew that a fresh coat of paint and an update would make the room feel brand new.
We started with removing the blinds, hardware and fixtures. Then Elliot painted the walls and trim. Lastly, we updated the space with a new bed frame, bamboo blackout blinds and cotton curtains. Simple changes, but they had a huge impact. 💯
We also made some big changes to the closet (more about that here), and will share more once it’s done!
We went back & forth on doing a feature wall, but we are so glad we did! It makes the bed pop, and gave the room some character.
This spring, we’ll (hopefully!) hem the curtains and put up the ceiling trim! At some point we’ll paint the wood windows (we’re thinking black!) and the sills (white). 😅