While Elliot’s been sorting out the asbestos abatement, I’ve been daydreaming about the day we have bathrooms again (ha ha).
Our master bathroom is teeny tiny and we had to put some thought into how we could best use the square footage to make it the most luxurious master bath. We decided to go with classic colours, tones and finishings (black & brass) and splurge on the marble hexagon tile floor.
We’re carrying the same light fixtures through both bathrooms, but decided to go with brass in the master. At some point, we’ll probably update the knobs on the vanity to match it.
For the shower, we’re keeping the same shape, but will do subway tile walls and frameless glass doors. We found a striking matte black shower system and it’ll be the statement piece in the room.
There’s lots of time to still flesh out a plan for this bathroom, but here’s what we’re thinking right now:
Love some of the items we picked? Here’s where you can find them:
- Vanity light fixture – Wayfair
- Vanity – ModernBathrooms.ca (we upgraded the countertop to marbleized quartz, skipped the faucet & sold the mirror that it came with)
- Delta faucet – Lowe’s
- Mirror – Wayfair
- Hand towel ring – Amazon
- Jade thermostatic shower system – Lowe’s (no longer sold, but this one is similar)
- Bath mat – Urban Outfitters
- Art print – Etsy
- Wall shelf – Jysk
- Towels – Homesense (but we also love these ones)
- Toilet – Lowe’s
- Marble hexagon tile – Tilesense in Coquitlam
- Subway tile – Tilesense in Coquitlam